He thought he could break her spirit, but she is not glass, and she can't be broken

What started off as an epic love story ended in near tragedy.

He walked in through a door, but he didn't just walk into a building, he walked in to 

her heart. She couldn't take her eyes off of him and immediatley she was in a 

daydream. She had to snap back into reality and hide her nostalgic smile.

They met in a place where you shouldn't consider having a relationship with certain

people, they were on opposite sides of bars so to speak. She was in love with him,

she didn't care what color his "uniform" was. She waited six months, then he called 

her three days after being home. Within two weeks she was living with him, by three 

months she was pregnant with his daughter. The first two years were like a fairytale.

So when he changed, she couldn't understand where things went wrong. It started by

him talking to other girls behind her back. Then when she started her career he was 

very unsupportive and became extremely jealous. He constantly accused her of doing

things she wasn't doing. He hit her a few times, she was strong and she knew her worth,

she was not going to stand for another abusive relationship, so she left him. The first time

it was only for a couple of weeks, she couldn't stand seeing him in such agony, so she

tried to make things work. They didn't, they only got worse, so she was forced to leave

him again. They stayed apart for a few months, but she missed him, he was her best friend, and

the love of her life. She found out he was seeing someone and felt that she would lose him .

So she fought to get him back. It didn't last of course, he constantly picked fights with her,

she found out he was still seeing someone behind her back. She tried to leave but he

hit his head on a wall and threatened to call the cops and press charges saying she did

th.at to him. She fell for it, she stayed a little longer, but not long. When she left him

he showed her how mentally ill he really was, it frightened her, one minute he was crying

and begging her not to leave the next he was cursing at her telling her to get out. 

This time they stayed apart for 8 months. When they got back together she found him 

to be even more abusive than before, and not just physically but emotionally. He would

tear her down every chance he got, he made her feel horrible about herself, it wasn't 

long before he figured out a way to manipulate her into feeling like she was the one 

doing the damage. He knew she was beautiful, smart, kind, and an amazing woman. She

was confident and independant, he knew he had to break her will.  He tried really hard, but she was too confident, her career and ability to support 

herself gave her the strength she needed to tell him to stay gone, when he got ugly and chose to leave her.

She had already had it with him, she wanted out but didn't know how to get out, so when he chose

to leave her, she just made him stick to his choice. She moved back to her hometown.

Nothing made her happy, she became an alcoholic, she drank and popped pills so that she could get sleep.

Sleeping without him was too much to handle. They stayed separated for a whole year, but their bond was strong.

The love they shared held them both prisoner, so once again they reunited. This time it was for three and a half

years straight. She was determined to make her marriage work, even though they fought and he would hurt her,

the pain she felt when they were apart was just too much for her to handle, so she would weather the storms,

and look forward to the calm. At first the fights only happened once a month, but they were  violent and damaging to 

her self esteem , and she started to lose sight of her worth. It wasn't long until her happiness depended souly on him If

he was angry she was hurting, if he was happy with her, she was on top of the world. He convinced her to do meth, it made

her crave women, which allowed him the opportunity to have sex with another woman and his wife. She thought this would help 

their relationship, build trust. He only took advantage and still cheated. He would spend that whole entire three and a half years destroying her. He 

nearly drove her to commit suicide, but her love for her children was strong than his hatred for her. He did mangage to drive her

insane, insane enough for her to make a mistake that landed her in the hospital in a coma fighting for her life. When she woke up he

was there, looking like he was terrified of losing her to death, but it was all an act, for the next seven months he would tear her apart,

cause her to lose everyone she loved, especially her mother, he turned almost everyone against her. He broke her nose, the abuse just got

more malevolent that you can imagine. She was broken and shattered. She felt her will to live leaving her more with every fight and

every cruel hateful thing he said to her. She would beg God to take her from this world, she couldn't handle any more pain.

God didn't listen, she knew that if she wanted to live, she was going to have to find the strength to leave him. Thankfully she found 

exactly enough strength to leave him on Thanksgiving morning. The pain in her heart was almost too much for her to handle, she 

stopped living the moment she left him. She was breathing and appeared to be alive, but she was only going thru the motions because

dying wasn't an option. She had kids and there was no way she would make them suffer for her pain. She lived with her pain and chose to take every 

breath for her kids. She knew if she killed herself, they would feel they weren't enough of a reason for her to live. They were, it was just almost 

impossible for her to figure out how to pull herself together and be the strong, confident, and independant mother her kids loved and adored. 

Everyday felt like a war to live, a war between her heart and mind. She fought every day not to succumb to the depression and

give up. It's been two and a half years, she still isn't the woman she once was and she is still a little broken inside. She is fighting though,

she fights harder everyday, she has found a smile again, and is slowly seeing her worth again. She helps other victims like herself understand the 

things they are going thru. She is still single, but she is not lonely, nor does she feel weak or alone. She gets stronger every day, while he sinks 

further and further in to darkness. She has forgiven him, she prays for him, because she still loves him, and

although she knows she will never get back with him, she hopes he will be the man he once was, so that he can be a 

good father to their daughter. She has made peace within herself and knows now that not only is she strong, she is stronger than she

or he could have ever imagined. He finally has stopped trying to break her, because she has finaly gotten strong enough

not to allow him the opportunity to break her. She knows that she will never love anyone like she loved him. and that her heart will always

belong to him. She has come to understand that although they share a very unique and strong bond, that it is not a healthy bond.

She has made peace within herself and accepted it for what it is. He lost the war, after many victorious battles over her, she

still won the war, because she smiles brighter, laughs harder, and loves herself more than she ever has. For her, that is all

the love she needs, that and the love of her kids. She rose again from the ashes, and she showed her kids that giving up

is never an option. She is grateful for the love they shared, but most of all, she is grateful for the lesson she learned and the 

strength she got from it/