Haters Education ( when boys challenge men)

Tue, 10/29/2013 - 23:16 -- Ilramar

When we were little boys we'd watch big men,we'd mock their moves and depended on them. Their bodies were big and their hands were strong.Their skin was tough and their finger were worn. When daddy would talk the whole room would shake,I felt his love, yet my body would quake. So aggressive was the vessel that shared tender care,that it shocked my young mind - did I Love or was it Fear? So confused as a youth not knowing how to be, shoulda man rule with violence, or is their strength when I yield? To ignore this deep question seemed the best thing to do,I'd train my blunt knuckles to protect me from you. I'd challenged many men to see how I'd fare, to feelhow I rule with aggression and fear.  Feel my deep strength, in your dreams I am there. When yousee me awake you'll stop, quake and stare. I am in power. I am in charge. I rule this land come near ormove far! It is me that you'll feel when you're alone scared at night, hideyour weak children and protect that sweet wife. You'll smell me, you'll see me, you'll feel me and dream me.I dominate your thoughts so much that you need me. Until at last the pain is so sharp, your backs on the wall andyour heart grows pitch dark. You yell out in pain, your voice is so weak, you say that you'llmove me but your claim has no feet.  You know that you're doomed, last attempts are so meek. Sit your ass down little boy, grown men speak! What you call a challenge, I call a cry. What you think istoughness, I see as lies. But if you want to do this, I'll letyou try. Because I still love, and I'll tell you why. I was a boy once, I've felt what you felt. I kissed his graybeard and been whooped with his belt. I still have the bruises and kisses on skin, I've felt his red furyand shared meals with him.  Here is what I learned as MY body grew strong. That a real mans war cry is also a song. But little boy YOU can'thear this, busy trying belong, finding your place scary worldthat feels wrong. So you bring your challenge, you bring your might, you try thisgrown man, your heart filled with fright. See how deep my strength runs - discover you might,that grown men vs. little boys... is never a fight. Keep snarling, Keep barking,Scared hair on your neck, stands up high. Little boy, While you're running in circles, I just smile and sit by.