Genocide

Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, Eric Garner

Who's next? Me?

I am terrified every time my brother or my cousins leave the house because they are young, black, unarmed boys. I worry that something will happen to them one day and I won't be able to see them.I worry for myself because I'm a small, unarmed, black girl. I don't want to become the next hashtag on Twitter. Our police are killing our people, and everyone else wants to act like rioting is wrong. If you can riot when your favorite team loses a football game, why can't we when they murder our children? How are we suppose to survive as a society when our protectors are the people we need protection from? The police brutality of today is breeding generations and generations of police hatred and fear. Although I have family in the force, I cant help but feel nervous when I see a cop car. My life flashes before me every time I see an officer. I cry for our sons and brothers because the world wants to paint them as "deserving". They try to label our men as criminals and thugs. We can't stand idly by and let these disgusting murders go by without retaliation. We have to stand up and let everyone know that we will not be ran down. We will stand tall. We aren't cowering in the corner because something has to be done. These killings aren't going to be hidden. These people don't deserve this brutality.

This isn't justice, this is genocide.

JetfireK

Thank You for explaining in but a few words the feelings felt round the world.  It is not one race who feels this way but those of us who care about our fellow men also feel the exact same way. 

I do however think you have explained it better than any news article that I have ever read.  My reply to comments that are cruel is: "When the Lord calls you home you may tell him why one of his creations is better than another of his creations.  Good Luck!