Fruit that is not so Strange

( What are you smiling for?
Have you seen the strange fruit? Dangling from the tree- no one choosing to pick it off, only wanting to just... STARE.
WITH.
AMUSEMENT.
Ah, i know why you're smiling. You are smiling because you have finally found out what these MLKs' ,Malcolm Xs' ,and Dubois' have done in the past to solidify our future.
They saw the strange fruit. What about you?

I can't bear to breathe the same air as you, when I only know so little of my history. You can keep on smiling, but i'd just rather watch, and wonder, "What does civil rights have to do with me?" I've got to see that strange fruit. I've got to see in order to believe, or maybe, just maybe take pride in my past to unmask my present. You see, I've been hiding and its all ignorant's fault. Or is it?

I see my skin color, and other colors, and believe that oppression and discrimination has reformed and changed countless of times in this country, and are still hidden in the nooks and cranny of society today.
"In 2013?? Really??"
Yes really. But I'll tell you what is going to change.
Awareness.
Awareness of our history, of our civility, of our persistence.
See awareness begets action, and only so few of us really know about that strange fruit.
We have to rejoice in our past accomplishments, and also move forward with eyes full of power, and voices teemed with the spirits of these MLK's, Malcolm X's and Dubois's.

Now you got me smiling.
Cause They are showing us the strange fruit.
And new fruit we can re-produce, and it will not be so strange and murky.
We just haven't taken that blindfold off yet. )

ddanilove21

We must un-fold the present to which our ancestors gave to us :)

Heartbreaker.or.Heartbroken

I like this a lot.. It has a huge truth that needs to be told.