Foster Care

Foster care children ain't going to be nothing. They never going to make it.
All the girls going to become pregnant.
You know what I'm tired of hearing that. Ya'll said We wouldn't make it
Because of the background that we come from.
But it's funny how some of the ones that grew up with both they parents and got everything that they asked for didn't make it to pass high school.
But yet coming from a background of being shift from home to home with no parents,  in and out of school,  I still made it to graduate high school. 
It's funny because the ones with better backgrounds are mainly the ones that drop out of college before the second semester of their freshman year.
But yet coming from my background I made it to the end of my freshman year of college; and I WILL make it for the next 3 years at that.
See while y'all over there stereotyping the foster children race, we foster children are over here proving y'all wrong. 
Do you get it? 
Nah I don't think you do, so  let me break it down to you.
Where you come from don't always have to define you.
Cause I have came from hell and hot waters .
That place where you go from house to house, mama doing drugs, living in the hood and men trying to do only god knows what to us little girls. 
Yeah you don't know nothing about that.
Look We live everyday in fear, with low self esteem and our head held low and to top it all off we have to sit here and listen to y'all stereotype the foster children life.
OUR LIFE AT THAT!! 
You don't know our struggle and you don't know our pain so how dare you sit here and start predicting our future.
Because us foster children ain't sitting here predicting y'all future. 
I am a living witness that I ain't no typical foster child. 
Yeah I have been through it all anything you name I probably have don't it, felt or even seen it. 
But check this out that shit I went through is what got me to where I'm at today. I never had bad grades I was always a straight A student. Because I knew for one thing I wanted to stay alive.
To become something 
I'm not pregnant , and I graduated high school with high honors and at the top of my class.
I even made it to college and I plan on getting my degree. 
But yet y'all was the main ones yelling oh she gon  become pregnant or just like her mother.
It's funny cause now y'all sitting there with a dumb look on your face wondering "How the hell this little black girl make it?" 
Well here's the answer This black girl making it because y'all gave her the hope to be something in life instead of stereotyping and predicating how someone life gon be. See where you come from don't always have to define you. Where you come from is simply the reason as to why why you need to become something. 
So let's stop the stereotyping and help us foster children became more than what society want us to be.