The First Goodbye

Sun, 11/18/2012 - 12:27 -- dabacca

78617

The couch and white blanket were the only objects connecting us; they are the objects of your memory.
The laughter of Isis, Max and SpongeBob, the conversation between Booker and my sister seemed so distant when I looked at you.
You, the sailor I loved, cherished, the one who I would proudly exchange my necklaces for dog tags was leaving.
I dread this moment. The moment when you said you had to go and I was left speechless.
It’s funny how time goes by, it wasn’t even more than five hours ago that you cooked breakfast and now it’s time. It was time, time to hug you and say goodbye.
Oh how that hug made me feel that for that second, the world stopped. For that second, you were mine.
I inhaled your scent to keep it as a reminder of you. I held on for as long as I could as I also held on to my tears.
I dread this moment. I dread the moment you walked away not knowing nothing of the feelings in my heart.
Goodbye, a sweet take care is what you said. But this was more than a goodbye because I’ll never know if I’ll ever return.
When the door closed, my heart shattered. It was the painful ending to my summer that even the beautiful sunny day in Japan couldn’t take the pain away.
That goodbye was my first deployment goodbye and it will be the last and only one.

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerful expression!