Fighter

Sometimes, all you can do is hold yourself together and try your best to stay strong,

Even when it feels like everyone is against you and that everything you are doing is wrong.

I am annoyed at myself for allowing it to get to this point and for letting it go this far,

Because sometimes it is hard to control what is going on around you, and not let people tell you who you are.

I realized that I am letting other people's perceptions get in my head and control how I feel,

When they have no idea who I am or what I have been through, and I know that they wouldn't know how to deal.

I find it funny when some people like to run their mouths as if they know anything about you,

But they don't know half of your story, or who you are, or the things that you have been through.

For the past month, I have been letting these things that were said sit and linger in my head,

And no matter how hard I try, I can't get over the things that were done and the words that were said.

I am tired of trying to figure out what is wrong with me and why this keeps happening to me,

But I am learning that these people are jealous because they are scared of the things that they know I can be.

I am no longer going to question my worth because of the things that people do or say,

Because I know that is what they want, and I don't want it to be that way.

I have realized that real friends don't try to one up you or try to bring you down,

And that they should be the ones to help you get back up when you hit the ground.

Sometimes it can be hard to keep going when all you feel like you are doing is taking steps back,

Because the negativity is getting in your head, and instead of focuing on what you are, you focus on everything you lack.

But that is because you have been listening to the opinion of others for far too long,

But you are finally starting to realize that it doesn't matter what they say, and that they are wrong.

You don't owe anyone an explanation for doing the things that you do,

Because no matter how hard they try, they will never be you.

It can be hard to keep going when all the odds are stacked against you,

And it can be hard to start all over again and to try and go for it with something new.

But, as hard as it can be, you can't move on if you're stuck in the past,

Because no matter what you are going through, that pain will never last.

It can be hard to move forward, but that is the best thing,

Because you will be shockedt at the newfound joy that it can bring.

Even though it can be hard, you have to keep going because they hate to see you succeed,

But you will be the one standing at the end, while they sit there in the same spot and bleed.