End of A Cycle

What did you see when you pushed that little girl on the floor? Or when you told her she was nothing. Did you really want more? Or was it just a release of sorts.With your angry hands around her neck, did you see familiar pain? The same fear in her eyes as was once in yours. Did it lessen your     stress? Did you even think about that little girl as time would progress. As that livid stare became the daily test? As each biting word cut slightly more than   the rest? What about when that girl met others like you? At thirteen she saw classmates with cruel words too. Did you think about her then? Some. When you wanted  something done. Or brought to you. Or cleaned. Or washed. Or to give her "something to cry about" Well now there is no more need to shout. This girl is all grown up. Fed up. You called her on the phone and she learned how to hang up. She's through with you and your pain. She wasn't there when they did the same things to you, so why should she have to feel them too? If you could peel back her pale, freckled skin you would see a wall of scars. But those scars underneath, they made her skin tough. This young adult knows when enough is enough. Pain is a cycle. It makes it's way slowly from one victim to the next. Usually with the help of stress. But the cycle must end; now is the time.  :""An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." If that is the case than I drop my weapon so the rest of the world can keep their vision. I'll start with three words, the best I can do. I'll keep moving forward and I'll forgive you.n is  , they .

Poetry Slam: