Dear You.

I call you friend, yet you are also my foe. Let's begin from the beginning. Let me lay down how I'm feeling, I want you to see me raw, see the emotions that I hold, all my secrets I have untold. I want you to understand, do you think you can comprehend, I'm trying to pull you closer not push you further. Do you think you can handle the truth, are you ready to hear of my deepest fears and my unimaginable nightmares. Do you think you could rescue me from dangers, and still comfort me with love. Be my greatest hero and make no mistake, I've believed in many, can you stand to be the exception, remind my mind to pick out the deception. I'm trying my hardest to give you your space but make no mistake, I need some attention. I don't want you to pull away, but I will not suffocate you in my pain. My heart is fragile and is slowly being reconstructed, piece by piece I'm working on becoming whole. Look beyond my smile, you'll see something more worth while, you'll see me at my strongest most likely when I am at my weakest. Do you think that loving me is a mistake, or is this all to much to intake. I'm trying to understand, how do we get along, when we keep secrets from the other. I'm tired of giving in, but I am far from giving up, don't think I'm a quitter, I'll just prove you wrong.

Poetry Slam: