Child's Play

Tue, 08/13/2013 - 11:32 -- BecKa

College, papers, deadlines,work

Things that people worry about

We all run through our day worrying about little things - bills, the kids, the world

In the crazy world that is today isn't it nice to know - that every once in a while you can go back to the "good old days"

Ah yes - when school was something you attended because you wanted to and you saw your friends, summer days were spent outside playing with your friends, you didn't have to worry because you didn't have any cares

Stressful finals, calls back home, worrying about the food you buy and how much it will cost - every once in a while when I am all alone

I take a little trip home. Even when I am already there, I grab a blanket and pop in an old, worn out, VHS tape and press play

All at once that familiar music begins and my worries melt away - A Disney movie - it doesn't matter which one you choose - you have a memory there of when you first saw it - of when you and you family sat together and watched.

Now I am alone and yet as the songs take me away back into childhoood I know that I am not. Even though I have grown older - I feel as if I am still very young -- we all are at some points - the moment we decide to re-watch a good Disney movie - when we re-read Harry Potter again - when we decide to watch the Saturday morning cartoons

Isn't it nice to know that we're never too old for child's play ?