Catalyst

“America the Beautiful” is under siege.

People destroying their own cities - through violence and ignorance - a horrific sight to see.

Optimism is contagious, and looking at those surrounding me, I know that big changes will occur because of our determination to helping others and our environment.

But then I watch the news, and yet again am I dragged back to reality,

Disillusioned.

This country is in dire need of a reality check.

We must band together in “brotherhood” to support one another - no matter what religion, sexual orientation, gender, or political party.

All of us, humans, with lives and hopes and dreams - must treat all with respect,

Sow the “amber waves of grain,” help each other grow and plan for the future.

Issues with global hunger and poverty that plague the people of this earth - are far more important than a person’s beliefs.

We can accomplish nothing when divided.

Our “shining sea” is filled with oil and garbage, and the “purple mountain majesty” is filled with black smoke.

Put aside personal agendas to help this country become a pioneer in the modern world.

Think about your children, grandchildren, and their children to come - the future of this planet.

You must think about their quality of life - not feeding the capitalistic monster that scourges the nation.

You must be the catalyst for this human reaction.