Bereft yet Filled.

I've never been a patient soul.

So I know that patience is a virtue.

When I ask you to wait

It's because I know that the result will be virtuous.

I don't like seeing you this way.

the lines beneath your eyes are hugging your skin tight and the exasperated look on your face does not help.

And when you stop holding back your thoughts, and the octave in your voice escalates I keep my expression just as firm just as explosive but internally it shows...I'm having a hard time breathing, The air in my lungs gets caught like a shirt snagging every time we play this song.

Why can't...why can't you just wait for me? 

If I want to actively love when I am in a binding note of love...why is that such a bad thing?

Falling in step with society has never been my forte

And I'd much rather you show me our love is not just a physical attraction but a spiritual and mental one as well.

I'd much rather we make love with our eyes in ways that make volcanoes erupt the earth tremble and the world stop

I want to be able to look you in the face and know that you are the only one for me and i am the only one for you.

And these, these are not unsurmountable requests.

So everytime you request that we lay together

I hold on, I hold on to these aspirations and I ask you to wait, and I keep asking you to wait .

And if you can not wait any longer.

If you can not quench your thirst through my mental and spiritual being, it means that my physical being will not be able to fill your desire as well. For my mental and spiritual are just so much more in worth. 

You're a turned page that was unfolded in my life. 

My book has so many folded pages, some that left scars some that left joy, you're a turned page that could lead into a new chapter...or you're just an unfolded page. 

and maybe we will hold on and wait together, and hold on and wait, and wait, and hold on. or maybe we're just two rain drops at the top of a car window, holding together, but ready to split away.