Believe

I am not the kind of person who just lets go Relaxes, lets loose, and just goes with the flow I cling tight to the future!With dreams ill get better But with every step I just get wetter and wetter As I'm drowning in homework And drowning in seas Of letter grades. A's never B's.  Never B's.  In class I sit up tall As the teacher has made me an example for all But I am grimacing inside my head  I just want to go back to my bed  I don't want to be here! I don't want to try!  I want to do something more with my life.  I want to be happy, I want to be free I want someone to see the real me The me beyond papers, and tests, and grades To see that I’m more than just a brain    Am I more than just a brain?  And then I met you And you taught me to see  That there is so much more to this person called me! I am not defined by a standardized test! - I'm defined by ME, and I'm what I do best  Because of you, I've learned I'm okay  I've learned I am loved, no matter my grade   So yes, I know I'll still strive to be perfect  But I'm far closer now that my heart isn't hurting.  I'm much better since you've helped me be happy With your hand I can hold, and your heart that believes in me.  And now my heart believes in me too.