BEE STING

I learned a lesson that made me think about how the world can be 

sometimes you have to get stung in order to learn that it hurts 

to the push and all the tuff loves only prepares you for a world who has no MERCY

Feeling like the black community is only good for failure,violence ,and still getting nowhere but backwards  

and when we do get a black pen in our hands

only to have to much power to our 

outside image instead of the knowledge that is needed to be used to rise for a living  and maintain it not up and lose it 

my mom gave me that sting of life

that only made my skin tougher  to show anyone and everyone

that I'm an African American women who is educated to succeed as an independent young lady 

To walk in a class of white people and be able to handle my own 

talk the talk and walk the walk 

not for them to look at me and think what am I doing here but say that I belong here 

I dress the part and also have the knowledge that backs me up 

to not get passed down but being good enough to stay in place 

to have a career not a dead beat job but being a professional 

the yelling about my grades and how I continue to work myself to receive ALL A's 

To stand up in front of a stage being the 1st African American in student council for 6 years 

vice president at that 

To be CHARGER OF THE YEAR for my 7th and 8th grade year

out of 700 students I got chosen 

to stand out from a crowd and show this world that I can do anything I put my mind to

and I'm not going to let where I am from

effect where I'm trying to go

I refuse to stop or pause or give up until I reach my goal to become that teacher or writer to build myself

not  to settle for 70% enough to get by but 110% I made it and still have something left to fall back on 

It takes that sting from life to show me that it hurts

and in order to prevent the hurt I have to guild myself in a safe environment 

I might be 14 but I think I'm almost there 

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

this poem reminds me of conveying msgs to young people about being assets to their community

well said

always stand out and never fit in

will go through aches and pains, but you build your strength in being the best person you can be

keep writing

powerful.imani

Thank you so very much because it takes the struggle to succeed in life and with my passion and faith I know i can make it though it .Thank you so much for your support .

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

anytime imani

powerful.imani

I took your advice and wrote two poems on how I feel and I have more so I'm going to add them so just check them out when you get a chance thank you so very much.

Mafi Grey

From reading this poem I believe you can make it and that's what great writers do, they make people believe in them. You made me a believer from the start, I believe we can all succeed in making out dreams become a reality. Keep writing and I'll keep reading. 

powerful.imani

Man your words warm my heart i love your comments thank you so much 

* question : how can i recieve my emails from power poetry because i am not reciveing them when they happen so i can reply back

check out more of my poetry and tell me how you feel 

Mafi Grey

And if your mother gave you this gift, never stop thanking her for it. I glad my mother did it for me, she love me but she never held my hand when it was time for me to learn and experience things for myself; how else would we learn. You might wanna thank her for me too, I might wouldn't have the chance to read this if she didn't give you this gift.