Because I loved you

-BECAUSE I LOVED YOU-

That's it. I suppose you've moved on and I can't help but notice she looks like me. Or maybe I look like her..
Distinctly, I remember your type, the kind of girls you like. That once was I, but through time - or perhaps by interruption, you found another. Excuse me -forgive me rather for not wanting to let you go. I expressed to you from the start that I was a fighter, persistent, especially for things I want, and you being everything I want gave me reason to fight. You were everything to fight for. I took a chance. I told the truth but I told it slant and again, God, I began to love. Wedding bells and doves...
I looked upon the evening sky and I was yours and you were mine and through time I became consumed in your embrace. Constant images of your face flooding my mind in and out of time. I held on but something loosened our grip and you let go.. you just slipped through my fingertips.

You found another.
She looks like me or maybe I look like her but all I know is "God, this hurts" ; this never what I deserved. You were my everything and everything that caused me to sing. Maybe you still are my everything, and maybe you still are everything left to fight for. But I know this isn't right.
Because I loved you I didn't fight. God no, I didn't fight. I thought this wasn't right but you weren't right, that I wasn't right, that we aren't right, so I gave up the fight.because I loved you, I hoped and pleaded and prayed to God. Because I loved you I gave you the world, and I gave you my life.
baby, I loved you, and I didn't fight.
Because I loved you, I thought that you might love me too.
You made me choose to let go of you, and it hurts to look at you and to not look at you. constant reminders- constantly reminding me of what we'll never be... again. Dear friend, murder me. Sweet release from the likes of you.
I'm ruined, because I love you.

-Shaniya A. Pope