Be Free

Be Free                 (Empowerment Poem) As the segregational chainsBounds us allWe must find a way To break them And soar to the skyLike Icarus but makesSure our wings don't Get burned by the sun. (Sung)Wanna be freeWanna take these chains off of meWanna soarBut I don't have strength anymoreI wanna be free I wanna be freeI wanna soarI wanna soarBut I can't. (Spoken)Man I'm getting beaten downAnd I asked you "Are you entertained?".As they are stepping On my brother's bodyI ask you"Are you entertained?"As they carry my Deceased sister's corpse I ask you "Are you entertained?"I realized that there is a battleAnd that the battle is realAnd that the battle is stillHere and the battleground Is foundWithin our mindsJust like howWisdom bindsOur lives.Man I keep openingDoors of opportunitiesBut I'm afraid of the hingesFalling off.Man we have a month Called black history,More like they are trying To make blacks history.People think how can I think like that,More like how can I not?How come I wake up everyday And see my people die?After all this researchI learned thatBullets may not have namesBut they have destinations.All this is justBringing aggravationBecause I think The past reoccursAnd I realize that we are just Trying to concur An unstoppable obstacle.Is that even possible.Supposedly and no matter whatWe do it still seems like we Can't stop bullets from bursting.Man we are all just versingAll these different controversies,So all I can hope for is..... (Sung)Wanna be freeWanna take these chains off of meWanna soarBut I don't have strength anymoreI wanna be free I wanna be freeI wanna soarI wanna soarBut I can't. ( Spoken)Man we all share the same sky.I'm waiting for the rain To fall out of itTo rust these chains that tame me.The pain that I endure.The images that I conjureIn my headIt's so crazy.People call me lazy just for writing only.Maybe it's because I have no other Options left.Just like how a broke manHas to resort to theft.I'm trying to make a cleftFor all the people who lost faith,I'm sorry wraiths that I couldn't save.I'm trying to save the voiceless.The sacrifice must be made.Are you entertained By the fact that my brethren diedAnd are dying each second?And to make it worse our skinsAre killing each other.Man I thought we're brothers Man I thought we were hand in handI thought we were together.All these bonds that were formed From our skin; were they all Potentially just severed?How come these bonds can be cut But my chains can't even budge?Maybe it's because I'm an Accomplice to murder,How is that? I let all these people diedWhen I could of done something.But when should I have tried...Well all I'm really sure is..... (Sung)Wanna be freeWanna take these chains off of meWanna soarBut I don't have strength anymoreI wanna be free I wanna be freeI wanna soarI wanna soarBut I can't.  Thank you.