All I Need Essay

If I were ever stranded on an island by myself, I could not live without these things that make me happy. Slippers. My old, ripped red slippers. They have been everywhere I have gone. Wherever I go, they come too. They are the first thing that I see in the morning. They keep my feet warm and protected from the elements. If I were stranded on an island I would not have my slippers then my feet would be cold. However, I cannot bear the idea of not having my queen size bed with big fluffy pillows and fluffy warm blankets to sleep in. I would have to sleep on the cold, hard ground, then my back would hurt. If I were stuck on an island without these things, it would make me be aware and more appreciative of the things I have. I know that there are people out in the streets, sleeping on sidewalks and they only wish that could have a bed or even a blanket. So in reality, I am thankful for the things I do need, even the things I do not need. So basically, all I need is care, compassion and love to keep me going.