Afraid

Being afraid is something I exceeded in
I never took risks at anything
Even with an open opportunity I would doubt myself and turn away
All because I'm afraid
I was afraid of opening up about who I am , what I've been through , how I see life
Because didn't want people to judge me
I guess you can say I was insecure
Insecurity is what was been holding me back and was the reason why I was so afraid
Only one no is what it took for me to give up
I would think no one else wants me
Their all going to say no
They don't like me
And then my wall went back up
I was to scared to love because I didn't want to get hurt
I was Afraid to be left alone because I felt like I was being left to suffer because if they brought me around or took me anywhere they would feel ashamed and bring me down yet another time
I was afraid of any task given to me because I didn't want to mess it up
I was afraid to fail a test in school , because i thought getting an A wasnt an option and if i didnt get an A I I'm a failure in life
I was just so afraid
Being afraid is a sickness
It's a sickness that will keep you back from achieving your goals in life
It will keep you from happiness
It will keep you from a social life
It keeps you from being you
I'm not saying that you won't ever get afraid , it happens
But don't allow you being afraid be the reason you didn't go to college , you didnt apply for a job or just be happy
You have to learn to push the fear out when your present of what you want to do
One no isn't going to be the end because that one no can and will turn into 100 yeses if you keep pushing forward , I know what being afraid is like
Afraid was my middle name
But I wasn't happy , I wasn't impressed with my life
I wasn't allowing myself to take a chance , open up and allow myself to do the things I wanted to
I noticed it , I changed it , and now I'm not afraid , I'm taking that no and making it a yes , I'm not giving up anymore , I'm not allowing myself to sit and sulk in miserary . I cannot do it anymore
And that's why I'm here , to say aloud
I am not afraid , you should not be afraid , we together don't need to be afraid because being afraid will hold you back and it's time to bust through the doors of freedom ,