Write and share poems to promote safe driving. Sometimes people forget how dangerous driving is Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens, accounting for 36% of all deaths in this age group.
- Think of someone you want to remind to drive safely
- Look up recent accidents and learn more about accident prevention
- Write a poem addressing that person, explaining your fears and worry
- Have them read the poem
- Tape it on the windshield of other cars in your neighborhood
- Post your poem on powerpoetry.org
- Share it with the world by posting your poem on a crash prevention message board