Magic

Magic

Explanations gets lighter

Happiness gets darker

Magic I adore

Magic makes joy

Magic is in the air

Air which I love

Love for which I care

Magic is in everything

Magic looks like a kingdom

Unmagicness looks so small

Back to normality I can’t go back

Magic is funny

Isolation never bothered me anyway

Love is in some distance and so is magic

Love and laughter are louder in magic

Anonymous Guy

Nice poem

03601

What do you think the poem is about? 

I think the poem is about how magic in movies and books makes people think about it. The poet is thinking about how sometimes it is hard to let go of the fantasy people live in, but we have to get to reality.

What is something you like about this poem? Why? (Be specific!)

I like that the poem has many adjectives for magic, like "Magic is funny; Magic is in everything; Magic looks like a kingdom." Also, the poet is very descriptive and interesting. It has a lot of rhythm and I like it! 

What does this poem remind you of? Something else you read, something you have experienced, or something you see in the world around you?

This poem reminds me of the movie "Frozen" because in Frozen there is a lot of magic! The main character Elsa, can't let go of the magic the snow and coldness it brings! I also relate to when I stayed at a really good hotel for one night and I did not want to let go of the magic it brought in me!

Were there any poetic devices used in this poem that made it stronger in your opinion. Identify them and say why you think that poetic device worked well.

Repetition: "Explanations gets lighter, Happiness gets darker" and "Magic I adore, Magic makes joy, Magic is in the air".

Simile: "Magic looks like a kingdom".

Personification: "Unmagicness looks so small" and "Love and laughter are louder in magic".

I think these 3 poetic devices worked well in her poem because they added a touch of uniqueness and personality. The repetition made the poem sound interesting and it matched with the poem. A simile made magic look bigger that it already is! The personification also!

Chacin06

I think the poem is about how magic works and how she sees magic in her mind and her imagination. The rhymes in the poem they are really good and beautiful how much se inspired herself. The song magic is similar to what she wrote but, not the same, she used alliteration in some parts of the poems.

mariavc02

I like your poem. One thing that I didnt like about your poem is that you repeat magic to many time, but I think that the poem is really good.

Cesar Finol

The poem is about magig. And also about the characteristics of magic.

I like that the lines are not too long and are easy to understand.

It doesn't reminds me about nothing.

She used many poetic devices that made the poem more interesting.

estefiperez09

Weirdpoet37

What do you think the poem is about? The poem sound very interesting and reminds me of Harry Potter. It makes me think of witches and wizards.

(1-2 Sentences)

What is something you like about this poem? Why? (Be specific!) I like the part of the poem that states the following “Love is in some distance and so is magic” this part of the poem is very interesting and is comparing distance and magic with love. It is very questioning and that is why I like it!

What does this poem remind you of? Something else you read, something you have experienced, or something you see in the world around you? This poem reminds me of Harry Potter and the Sorcer of Stone. It is like an introduction to magic and so is Harry Potter’s experience in the first book of the series.

Were there any poetic devices used in this poem that made it stronger in your opinion. Identify them and say why you think that poetic device worked well. There are no poetic devices. There is repetition but it is very poor! I advice Kesia to make her poem with more poetic devices!