Love is Love

Thu, 11/02/2017 - 08:57 -- btack

Have you ever woken up at 5 o’clock in the morning to another person’s face with drool on their pillow and hair sticking up everywhere and thought about how much you love them? 

Have you ever come home from a rough day at work to your partner making your favorite meal with a funny movie already on the television?

Have you ever sat in silence because they know you really just can’t talk right now?

Have you ever laughed, cried, and been speechless all with the same person in the span of one week?

Have you ever sat through 5 hours of shopping just for them to leave with literally one shirt?

Have you ever sat there watching them try to figure out how to build this stupid ikea desk and just thought about how you can’t wait to spend the rest of your life with them?

Have you ever shared the same breath trusting each other with the vulnerability you haven’t shared with anyone else?

Have you ever walked down the road holding hands and suddenly realized that you would do anything for them without a second thought?

Chances are if you have, you might be in love. 

Love isn’t the movies.

It’s hard and rough and taxing and at times, aggravating.

But with all those things, it’s also precious and wonderful and breathtaking and beautiful.

Love is sharing and caring and balance.

It’s putting your partner before yourself knowing they will do the same for you.

It is never shameful or harmful or frightening or threatening.

Love is love.