Individual Beauty

78250

I am not considered beautiful to others
For I don't have an appealing face
I don't walk with grace
And I don't have a body shaped as curvy as a vase

I am not considered beautiful to others
For I don't always smile
I don't stay with today's style
And I don't have hair that runs mile to mile

I am not considered beautiful to others
For I don't gossip about the population
I don't join in the evils of my generation
And I don't have the "swag" to maintain a popular reputation

But I am considered beautiful
To the holy one above
Who has given his love
To this "unacceptable", broken winged dove

So for those who don't consider me beautiful
You have a long way to go
For beauty is not determined by popularity and a great physique
But by a great, unique soul.

Angelwith1wing

I hope this doesn't sound to cliché for this is how I truly feel about beauty and being outsider. Hope everyone finds meaning and a message in this. Thanks for reading.

jwiener

Wonderful poem! You send a very inspiring message. My faovrite lines are "beauty is not determined by popularity and a great physique / But by a great, unique soul." Keep writing! Have you ever written a ballad poem? Check out how and more in the "Resources" section.

Bazzaro127

Hey thats just like what I live by with beauty :) wow thats awesome! I love this poem, its got to be like one of my favorites just about. Out of all honesty though i think that this is a magnificent poem, just saying. It is so gosh darn beautiful;)

Angelwith1wing

Thank you for your compliments and advice. It really does help a poet like me grow. Keep writing on my friends!

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

But by a great, unique soul.

those two lines grab my attention

you are beautfiul from all cylinders

never compromise yourself

you did a great job in relfecting on your struggles by perseverance

keep building

Angelwith1wing

Thank you so much for your compliments. I will definitely keep building up as a poet. God bless you in everything that you do. Keep writing on my friend :)!

MythicalFishPen

I want to hand copies of this out everywhere I go. I think you've found a very unique place on the web with great acceptance of faith in God! Welcome! You have a friend in me.

Angelwith1wing

Thank you my friend!!! Faith and love in God can take you far. I just want to let everybody know that through God big things could happen to those who stay consistently in His word and in Him. Believe me, I am the living proof along some of my other Christian brothers and sisters. Thank you MythicalFishPen for commenting one of my poems. It's not everyday I get appreciation for my work. May God bless you where ever you go. Keep writing on my friend. 

Ellary Mischel

I love this poem ! The power of faith is a great one :)  Also, looking at your personal comment on the poem,sometimes, our feelings  can be considered " cliche", but that shouldn't stop us from writing them . Keep up the great work !

Angelwith1wing

Thanks:)!!! I appreciate the comments and support. God bless you for your kindness. Keep writing on my friend:)!!!

powerful.imani

First yet me say ! YOUR BEAUTIFUL because those words express your true beauty i loove the message you gave . So POWERFUL and the ending made me like whoaaa i had to read it again . Amazing poem so good !!

Angelwith1wing

Thanks!!! I appreciate the comment. It made my day. I can't wait to check out your poems. God bless you and keep writing on my friend:)!!!

NoLables_Plz

So beautiful! People should really hear more things like this every day. Please keep writing. We need people like you in the world. 

Angelwith1wing

Thank you for the love and support. I am beyond flattered that someone liked my poems and liked God's message overall. Once again, God bless you and keep writing on my friend:)!!!