The Heart

10457

The Heart by Esther “esty” Pagan 1/22/13

There was once a girl who gave her heart to a boy. The boy held her heart in his hand and kept it warm. He did not know the power of what he was holding. He was too busy with other wants and desires. Instead he just kept it warm.

The girl patiently stood by his side and continued to give him all the humble goodness of her heart. He just kept her heart warm. He was too busy and blind sighted by his wants and desires. You see he did not prioritized love.

She tried to show him and guide him. Even though she did not have much to offer him, she gave of herself. She always had an abundance to give more than he. She gave it from her heart.

He still didn’t get it. She never asked him for anything and he never offered. But she always had more than he. She always gave of herself. She always gave of her heart.

One day she got very sick. She told him to go away. He wanted to continue to hold her heart but just keeping it warm.

She noticed he was drifting to another. Noticed he had always been.

This saddened the girl so. She knew she was put in his path to show him love. But he was too busy drifting and dreaming about his wants and desires.

As she kept giving of her heart, she started to take care of herself and her health. She was in constant pain, physically, emotionally and mentally. You see she had lost part of her Womanhood to Breast Cancer.

It had pained her even more to know that she was also losing the boy who was holding her heart warm.

She needed to make a choice, but how? How do you show someone to love who does not want to know love? She decided to love herself and show him that way.

Everyday she worked at gaining her strength, courage and stamina so as to be part of a community of something. She did not know what that something was going to be, but she knew it was going to be related to her loss of her Breasts due to Breast Cancer.

She hoped that maybe he would get it. Maybe he would see how precious life and love is. When you have it, it could just be taken away from you and change your life forever.

The girl worked and worked and worked at everything imaginable to make things happen so she could make her mark in the community.

The girl was getting recognized. Her art and writing was becoming one. She was up for an award for her courage stamina and strength throughout her adversity.

The boy just stood by and held her heart warm. He still could not see it.

Eventually she stopped giving her love to the boy and she was saddened. She felt she failed in not touching the boy’s heart with her love.

The boy never stopped dreaming and wanting all his worldly desires. He just never grew up. He never learned that with love you could conquer everything. He never learned that without love you have nothing. He never learned. Eventually the girl died and he was devastated that he held her heart in his hand and only kept it warm.

That’s when he got it. Alas the girl did accomplish touching his heart with her love. He was just not able to touch it back. It was only then that this boy grew up to be a man and appreciate what love truly is.

He was saddened that it took so long to learn this. He was saddened that he could not share this with the girl who gave of herself so.

All his dreams and desires turned sour. He missed the girl tremendously. He held her heart warm and allowed it to turn cold. He never held it close to his heart. He promised he would prioritize love from now on. He learned how to love himself first. Nothing is more beautiful in life for your wants and desires than to love yourself first. Everything else falls into place and at the end love and goodness prevails. The girl looked from the heavens above to know that her path had been fulfilled. She touched his heart with her love.