You Are Why I Write

35124

My eyes light up when I see you, “angelic” was the word you used to describe my
face as I glanced up into your eyes. My eyes only being illuminated by the
moonlight shining in through the window...
There’s so much more I wanted to say to make you realize, but the words wouldn’t
form. You were my first slow dance, no matter if it was to cliché 90’s soft rock in a
parking lot outside of my car. It was still one of the most perfect moments.
We giggle when we kiss and my face is almost permanently stained a bright red
from blushing.
Even the simple notion of you holding my hand or placing a hand on my leg while I
drive sends chills through my body and makes my heart flutter. You make me feel
invincible. I know your feelings aren’t as strong as mine yet, but I have faith that
they’ll get there.
I feel like I’ve found my missing piece to the puzzle that my life is. I’m feeling
complete, and that with you I can accomplish anything. Nobody is perfect. But you
are as close as it gets for me. We both say the wrong things every now and then,
but we’re human.
Your nervous laugh is adorable. Your scripted “Hey how’s it going?” greeting brings
a familiar warmth to my soul. No matter what society says, how wrong this is to
them, or how they would look down on us if they knew…you can’t choose who you
fall for, and even if I could, I’d choose you. This last month or so has changed my
outlook on life and love.
I’m not alone anymore. Someone out there sees things like I do, someone feels the
way I do about most things, I’m supported and you have my back. You make me feel
safe, but daring and adventurous at the same time.
You got me to write again. I never thought I would pick up a pen for the purpose of
expressing myself with words.
I pour my soul into these pieces; I want to help you put your feelings into words too.
I want to know what you feel when you see the light in my eyes, or feel my rapid
heartbeat when we’re close. Do I drive you crazy like you do me? Do thoughts of me
run through your mind all day? Do I send a smile to your face whenever my name
pops up on your phone? I want to be your final puzzle piece; the piece that
completes you. Like you do for me.

MVP-Most Valuable Poet

you live to write

you write to live

express yourself and let your voice be heard