Why Can't We Make It?

Everyone’s so concerned about “making it”, but no one is looking at the real question: what are we making it? Not when or where or how… but what. It’s one thing to know what we want on a particular day or week of our lives, maybe even somewhere further into the future, but no one is thinking intermediately, what we are doing with each day, each second of our lives. We all like to think that we are immortal, even though the reality of this falsity is crushing this fantasy around us every day; it doesn’t hit until sometimes it’s too late. It’s pretty obvious that we should all “life every day like it’s our last”, but the reality of this statement is that almost no one is doing so. Why? “I don’t have time”. That’s the number one excuse. Between everything that we feel like we need to do on a day to day basis, and those few precious moments that we get to sleep, no one feels like they have time to simply live life and be the person who they want to be, do the things that they really want to do… and that’s the biggest tragedy of living to date, in my opinion. Maybe I’m too lenient on the idea that we can all be who we really want to be if we try hard enough, because I myself am not—who I want to be. Maybe I’m too harsh on my own environment, my own body. Maybe everything that I believe in is a lie, but who cares? It’s my reality. I don’t always believe in it anyway.

It could really just be me, the dreamer of dreams, the far fetching land of fantasy over-clouding this “reality” in which people suffer and manipulate themselves into becoming something so far from what they ever dreamed that they are no longer themselves… this could all be the rambling of someone who has been called insane by people who meant it on a clinical level. 

But maybe, just maybe, because I believe in the human spirit, the will to overcome, and the need to live life as we are given and explore into every depth of reality and possibility that we can find; maybe there really is something more, maybe really “making it”, is being able to feel like we accomplished something in the end. What we did with our time in this consciousness, and how that will contribute to our limitless souls, and the future of everyone else, who is simply trying to make it.