Where Has Education Gone

Where have all the geniuses gone, what happened to the wise? We are blinded by what we cannot see, we will not open our eyes. If we are so focused on teaching kids how to solve for a letter, how will we make the world any better? We know all the chemicals and trigonometry, but do we remember, our country's history? How many of us know the constellations, know the history of the world, how many of us won't forget tomorrow, what we just learned? I wish that I could be taught the things of long ago, how to tell right from wrong, along what path I should go. I wish I was allowed to go outside, instead of drowning in these flourescent lights. I wonder about the outdoors, but I'm trapped, so tight. I wish I knew my neighbors, or how to plant a tree, but all of my energy and focus, is forced to center on me. If only we were taught things that were useful in life, maybe the world would have just a little less strife. And if I was to be let free, maybe, somehow, I'd find a smile on me.