What Life Should Be

To learn while still a child. What this life is meant to be. To know it goes beyond myself, it's so much more that me. To overcome the tragedies, To survive the hardest times. To face those moments filled with pain, And still manage to be kind. To fight for those who can't themselves, With those who wander in the dark, To love with all my might. To still stand up with courage, Though standing on my own. To still get up and face each day, Even when I feel alone. To try to understand the ones. That no one cares to know. And make them feel some value. When the world has let them go. To be an anchor, strong and true, That person loyal to the end. To my family and my friends. To be an anchor, strong and true, That person loyal to the end. To be a constant soruce of hope. To my family and friends. To live a life of decency, To share my heart and soul. To always say I'm sorry When I've harmed both friend and foe. To be proud of whom I've tried to be, And this life I chose to live. To make the most of every day. By giving all I have to give. To me that's what this life should be, To me that's what it's for. To that what God has given me. And make it so much more. To live a life that matters, To be someone of great worth. To love and be loved in return. And make my mark on Earth.

Annette M Velasquez

This is exquisite, riveting and powerful! Thank you kind soul, for gracing us with this amazing poem... Its message is sheer beauty and it can easily be ( and should be) published!