What is Beauty?

What is Beauty ?

Is it the image of super models on TV. Is this what you want? The image of a female whose body has been copied, pasted, cut and cropped to perfect her imperfections.                                                       

Is it my weight? Okay i can just starve myself until i can fit into a size two just so you can wrap your arms around my waist. I can Lipo suck away the baby fat caused by your child that i carried for you for nine months that we created out of love.

Is it my skin color? I can bathe myself in bleach and scrub and scrub the melanin out of my skin while hoping for a more fair complexion so i could be more acceptable to the men who do not like dark skin women. I could powder myself down with make up and walk around with this mask on so i can feel more attractive.

Is it my hair? Okay i can smother my hair with white cream that contain toxin and flammable chemicals to make my hair silky, straight and smooth. While knowing the cream could damage my scalp and the roots of my hair in order to feel beautiful. Or would you prefer the more natural kinky look.

Is it my physical features? Okay i can spend money on expensive braces to close the gap between my two buck teeth and align my small over bite so you can tell me I have a beautiful smile. I can pour hot wax on my skin and rip away the unwanted hairs to have clear and smooth skin so i can feel your hands touch me. I can Botox the wrinkles in my skin caused by hard physical labor, depression, and stress from the constant beat down of my self esteem in order to look younger. 

What is beauty? I have spent painful hours and wasted money transforming myself  to fit this status quote shown in the media everyday. But it will never be good enough. I will never be good enough. No one really knows. What is Beauty?