Thunderstorm

For the first time in my life, I was woken up by a thunderstorm.For three nights, it had poured and space was lit with sparks of lightning flying across the sky. But on that fourth night, something much stronger had awoken.My dreams and calm breaths were no match for the torrents that fell from the skies. The vast openness that rained above, sobbed to reveal its anguish over the dry spell that had occurred.And as my tired bones slowly awoke, I realized that on this night, the sky was crying and I wasn’t.Months before, the roof of my house would not have been as damp as my pillow that soaked up tears, flowing from thoughts that ridiculed me and who I am.But now, my head hits dry comfort and I can dream again... and be thankful to wake up another day.You see, the night the clouds yelled for me to get up was the night that realization awoke within me.Even though it rains sometimes, trees are not falling. My house is not leaking. My streets are not flooded. I am okay.And soon, the sky will be okay as well.