shit you can't say to your teacher.

i raise my handand muster a polite toneand tell you that proper MLA formatrequires your name and date at the top. old-fashioned ideas of american familiesrise like bile from your mouthand i force myself to contain my angerand i tell you to waste your sexist idealisms on a different crowd. you prompt us to journal.our question is, "what do women want?"my mouth goes dryand i convert my anger into analysis. the puzzled expression you makewhen i use academic wordsfrightens me for upcoming studentsand the quality of our education. i'm sure you mean well enough,but i am not a child.responsibilities rest on my shoulders like planetsand it would be respectful to treat me as a young adult. i'm so sorry if i may come off rude,but i am containing outrageat the time i've wasted in your classroom.regardless, bless you for trying.

brandimoore331

I submitted this poem also to my deviantArt account. This is the link: http://forever-or-yesterday.deviantart.com/art/shit-you-can-t-say-to-your-teacher-405896702?q=gallery%3Aforever-or-yesterday&qo=0

Also, I hope you'll forgive my lack of uppercase letters and abrupt interuptions. I use those as tools to keep the words flowing so I won't lose inspiration.

*Edit: The line breaks in the poem won't show though I tried using Google Chrome and Notepad.