shine bright

The blades of grass don’t so much sway per say but flicker like candles on a birthday cake being brought to the table to illuminate the face of a wide eyed child. That child will grow hopefully only to be over shadowed by its love of life.

Have you ever thought to yourself, how something can grow in dirt? What we see as dull dry annoyance is actually full of nutrients. One just has to look beyond the surface. We must learn to do this with all things in life.

Look past the spaces between the planets and stretch our arms and our minds further than we think we can.

Sometimes in life you will get wedged between rocks; but always remember if you strike rocks together you can create a spark. So never let your creative mind be afraid of getting stuck.

When the sun is relentlessly beating down on you, look around for water; but be weary of mirages.

Never lose the ability to tell the difference between contentment and happiness. Exercise your ability determine when you are tolerating something and when you are settling for something. And if you find yourself settled on a rock in a place you don’t recognize; lift up your chin and gaze at the stars.

There is a wild feeling about jumping into a lake and getting your hair wet, everyone should try it once. Get dirty,
we have bar soap and showers.  Dare to defy but acknowledge the boundaries.

Never stay bound, but notice the shapes your body makes as it moves through the air you breathe

The air that streams along your checks and pushes the bangs out of face like a lovers gentle finger tips   

The tides will rise and attempt to pull you under but you know how to swim against them

One day the soil will dry and the nutrients will diminish.

The candles may have been blown out

But that won’t stop people from remembering the way you shined when you were lit.

(poems go here)