A Shell

Whoever hears me During the nightI'm sorryI'm sorry you've had to hear my Crying as tears well in my eyes My laughter as it bursts through these lipsMy screaming as I try to convince myself That I am good enough Better than the demons running laps Around my mindI'm sorry you have to watch my youth sink away and elderness come upon me, slipping around my arms like well worn coatI'm sorry you have to watch my mental state deteriorate as I try to remember my name. It's Amber, by the way My name is Amber, A beautiful golden color that can brighten up any day...I'm sorry, whoever's listening or reading this I tend to ramble when I'm nervousAnd wring my hands as if I'm washing them, But they're always dry, I get too loud when it needs to be quiet And I just don't apologize enough Or maybe I apologise too much Is that even heal-Whoever is hearing this, listen to me don't just hearBecause I'm tired of just being heard, just being pushed away, So much so, I crave attention in all the wrong placesIn the grooves of a toxic man's hand In the heartbeat of a woman much stronger than mineIf you'd just listen maybe I could calm down for a minute, Have a safe haven to confide in. Whoever's hearing this, whoever's listening, I'm sorry.