Providing the opportunity

"All men are created equal." Words of inspiration, words of hope. I came to the United States not because I wanted to, but because my parents thought it was for our best benefit. I have first handedly seen discrimination at its best. America is known as "the land of opportunity." But opportunity for who? African-Americans have been enslaved, Hispanics have been oppressed, for the benefit of society. An elitist culture, dominated by the businessmen who own politicians. I aspire to become not just a judge, but an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. I have dared to dream. I have dared to aspire to become someone else than a statistic of a Hispanic in jail.  Now that I have been accepted to attend one of the most prestigious universities in the United States, I am obligated to begin taking out loans. Loans that become an obstacle for those like me who come from a low income family. Obstacles that make it even harder for the average person to succeed. I will not give up, I will find a way. Once I am a lawyer I will practice for the benefit of those who do not have a voice. When I climb the judicial ladder and become a judge I will make justice and interpret the law according to its meaning. Sonia Sotomayor, a name of inspiration and a name of hope. hope for those like me who hope and dream to change the worlds, hope and dream to become "someone in life."