Pride's Question

Love endears her with a passion so tender and treats her like a divinity amongst all beings/entities. Love chastises her until (mercy/humanity) has been bawled from her gasping breath. All is forgiven and the trial to run for the comfort of love is set once again. Love then drops her, leaving her dismantled and unreconciled of the floor of dejected sentiments. She’ll lay there, with the initial grasp of knowing that Love will be back to fill her eternal core with a mixture of melancholy and bliss. One day Pride asked her, “Why must you revolve your life around Love? Why stay, knowing how it’ll end? Why not stay in jubilation?”  Her response, four simple words, “Perfection does not exist.” Pride was silent in confusion. “I will be content in a world of perfection, free of all flaws. A world resembling, if not close to the love of John 4:17.”

Pride: “Well if you individually believe, perfection does not exist then why bother making your life rue with this pain and suffrage?”

Girl: Because I’ve seen perfection, felt what it’s like to be in an awning domain for a short time, for this exhilarating experience, I must pay a price. It being grief and anguish, it is all worth it because Love mends me and enlightens me. This form of perfection doesn’t exist anywhere else. Loving forever can’t be wrong it’s become like a remedy, the beautiful melody that can’t leave my head.

Pride: But why must you throw me away when Love comes around? Do I not matter? Or is it you that desires to be stepped on in order to feel a spic of this made up illusion called perfection which you have become blindly obsessed with. My sorrow ingénue this is not the panacea to your love thirst.