A Painter and A Canvas

I didn't ask for this life where people would judge my well beings. Where me and my little sister could barely get along in school or at home .Life gets rough and I felt like no one was there to give me shoulder to cry on . But I was always there for them even when I I shouldnt have been I was their rock , but they werent mines. When they days went cold I went to drinking for coverage and partys for just a thrill. The rush for freedom took over but still left an empty void in my soul. So much anger in me that acohol could not let me realse so poetry is was kepted me company in the most  horrible moments that would never fade. So I wrote those moments on the walls of my room ,on my body like they were tattoos.  As the ink touched the paper touched my skin I felt relief from anger.No point of holding it in, I write even when things get crazy, I write when the boy I might have loved put me through one hell of a fight , I write when I though my grandmother would put down the bottle and praise me instead of attacking me verbally every chance she got . I write and I write and I WRITE! Because poetry has saved my life . It gave me a second chance to move on and express my emotions . My poems taught me and other how to love yourself better than any man can  or ever will. Poems that was written from my hand will never judge no one not a women nor a man. I may not have a shoulder to lean on but I have a pencil and paper to write on.  In every way poetry is the canvas and I am the poet painting a beautiful scene.