Our Children

Fri, 04/13/2018 - 15:08 -- cjbh98

It's a sad world we live in today when everyone can recognize each other's depression but can't go out of their way to help someone better their day. We're meditating on Politics on crimes what's yours what's mine but little do we know we're running out of time. We worry about what's right and what's wrong, but our children have questions and no one's there to help them along. Mommy is fighting with Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa are gone. Their only friends are sex, drugs, and death before long. At the end of the day they feel like they are in the wrong. We are giving birth to generations who will grow up and be our future Nations, but how can we raise them to be positive and productive  people when all they come from is devastation and procrastination? We need to love our children. We need to teach our children. We need to show our children there is more to life than despair. But no. We are too busy fighting a war that is hurting our children. We are tearing down our children. And we don't even stop to care. We don't even ask ourselves is it fair? Is it fair for our children to live in our mess? To absorb all of our stress. Yet still we expect them to do their best when we leave them with the rest. The only peace they get is in their dreams, or so it seems. And can any of you tell me what any of this means? We are running a race against our own race. We are treating our children like obstacles and telling them to pick up the pace. But when we pass the baton, it's their turn to run the race. But why are we putting them in a place to fall flat on their face? The only memory they have of you are the tears on your face. Your words of disappointment and disgrace  It's time to fight with our children. Fight for our children. Not fight our children. It's time to remove the chains. No matter how much it pains us to there are mental and emotional  gains that come with it. It's time to take the reins, to take responsibility and shelter them when it rains. We have step up to the plate and face our fate. Our children were no mistake.