Only Chicago Kids Will Relate

Here’s to the times before we grew up

When we were too young to drive but old  enough to sneak out

Running through the snow to the train station by the house

This blue Ventra card took us everywhere

Here’s to the time we had a photoshoot on the purple line, walking from the fountain to the top level of a parking garage to look at the Chicago skyline

Those were the best days..

Back when none of us got paid

We mooched mom, said thanks

And pooled our money to do illegal shit

Here’s to the time we skipped Christmas to take meals to the homeless people on the redline, hopping over turnstiles and sliding through the underground tunnels

Our good intentions canceled out stealing our fares

And lets not forget when that boyfriend of mine thought it was a good idea to proposed to me after we got off on Lake, huh, I don’t think Water tower saw that flood coming

Here’s to the times that the yellow line brought us to the cubs parade, the brown line to Chance the rapper’s open mics at Harold Washington, and the pink line to get us home again

Here’s to the days when this blue ventra card took us everywhere

And Here’s to the day the day that the train stopped running, the same day that you died, the same day you decided to take a different mode of transportation

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px} li.li2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545} ul.ul1 {list-style-type: circle}

And now, I have to take the train alone