a note to my loved one

i. I’m waiting for the day when I can finally curl up next to you and talk to you freely without the distance between us ringing with every echo of your words. Small birds like you deserve the entire universe and everything it has to offer.

ii. On summer nights, I catch fireflies with small glass jars and hold tightly onto the stars because maybe you’re staring at them too. When it snows, I think of you and how much you would love it. I think of you and your excitement. I think of us.

iii. When we first met, I think I knew I was screwed because the sound of your voice made me finally feel at home. I wasn’t able to predict how important you would be because you are my entire universe.

iv. The truth is that we are young and stupid and in love but I’ll love you no matter what happens, okay? I think some broken piece of me realized that a long time ago because I drop everything I'm supposed to hold onto but somehow I just couldn’t lose my grip on you. Somehow, I hold onto you like you were the lifeline that was keeping me anchored to the earth.

v. This is a confession: I don’t think I’ve ever felt so close to eternity yet two seconds from doom. Living the life of a mayfly is worth it as long as it means being with you.

vi. This is a confession: I don’t think I’ll ever stop thinking about you. In my dreams, I think of us and how one day we’ll finally be together.

vii. This is a confession: I wake up today and I greet the setting moon. Today is another day I can love you.