The Norwegian woods

To me, birds and freedom are synonymous. They may sail the sky wherever they please with only the obligation to obey the wind. The birds hop from branch to branch to soil to souring; singing off tune and it is ever so lovely. They are my laughter and rejoice. 

I begin to walk a pathway, but there are so many to choose. All may be faced, if only I could grasp them all. Some may lead to an uphill mount, a downfall slope, or to an immediate ditch. Shall I follow the lane, not so humane? Created by man, followed by people. It is easy, it is strait, and I may walk besides fellow nomads. I trust there are no complications.

I find the many pathways are set as fate. A life may alter the trail it follows, or it may simply shift to a different trail. As most people see, eventually the pathway comes to an end, but this is not so. The pathway your soul travels never ceases, it orbits the world for enernity. Shall I go left, and never return. Shall I go right, and never give up the fight. 

As a deer halters and gazes my way, I inhale swiftly, as I can feel my heart beating, pounding, racing! I present a smile and the deer gallantly paces along. Perhaps in search of its mate, or whatsoever it may burden, the deer was pure and grandeur. 

I heed a gunshot. stop. Fury rains down on me as my confusion of how and why transforms into a deep loathing stabbed besides my gut. My head is banging like a drum. I cannot hear a single thought of my own, as my eyes hug close. This silence has never been so loud! But, I can still hear my heartbeat, the wind whistles through the breathing trees. 

I stand still, as still as the tree beside me. My raw eyes open. I can feel the world revolving under my feet, and my heart pounds louder. My knees collapse and I plunge to the ground. I rest my hands on the land, and I astound when it answers in rhythm. I felt nature's heart. My heart, in the land. My heart, in every tree. My heart, in every animal. My heart, in the Norwegian woods.

For in the Norwegian woods, no birds' wings are clipped. No gift of freedom taken. No wind breathes toxic chemicals. No animal imprisoned or deprived of self. The life does not follow a system, but a never-ending cycle. Systems end, cycles are infinite. The song of life shall play on forever. The beating of my heart shall lift me up until I soar. May my freedom ride on the wings of the birds. May my soul stay with the serene trees. May my spirit forever dance in the wind.

Yes, In the Norwegian woods the world is one. I am the world, the world is I, and there is peace.