Natures way

There was a timewhen the sun drifted upinto the skylike a bugwanderingaround in circlesdreaming ofanother dayit could pass on in any other way than with wingsso the wind doesn’t make it drift awaycarelesslyforgotten in a subtle breezeand found in an unknown placeknown as a disgraceoh the shamehow do we look at ourselves and wonder where we came fromwhen our homes are lost in the dusk beyond the sunriseI hope one day it shows, the mysterybehind your teary eyesoh why did you know did you care, did you dareto look beyond the surface of the springand watch pebbles drifting beneaththe bubbling waterslaughing about their own failuresoh the tears sweetening ohwe couldn’t be any different from themjust another sun memory burning bright and fading fastwe couldn’t be any better than the restjust another moonlight time shining the horrors in your minddrifting on the wind, flying by so surprised by what we despise behind closed eyesi hope to see that fantasya place I thought I’d never be, but maybe one day it’ll be waiting for me.when there was a timewhen the sun drifted up lifted towards heavenraise your cups and sing a lullaby to sleep on angels wingspeacefully.