My Sweet Hickory Girl

Sun, 10/08/2017 - 23:28 -- BadPoet

From once my heart began to wake,

I saw blindly; from the beauty of her body, to the facets of her face.

My own pitiful woes began to fade, yet something else was amiss, amide the shades.

For the pride of my being was left to rot, as if I had another one that I had always fought.

The one I had always known to fight; left me broken, shattered- without even a sight.

Hence, I knew that my enemy was also my lover. The one I cherished, held close, and gazed at in wonder.

Yet, my heart still aches if I dare to ponder, would it have been better just to leave... and set to wander?

No. It’s not right! My woes and my plights, for I remember her sweet voice, that rang throughout the summer nights.

Her soft, gentle voice that calms down my anger. And the way she looked into my eyes, full of life and splendor.

And that’s what love is, can you tell me it’s not? The fights, the pains, and giving it all that you’ve got.

For there is one thing that I know, that is completely unequivocal.

The love that we share together, is anything but typical.

DitzyDaisy

<3

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerfully expressed! Truly powerful! Keep sharing keep sharing! The world needs your expression! Keep sharing your life your mind your heart!

BadPoet

Thank you so much, friend!