My Greatest Tools

20000
Thailand

All of us have them, they are the reasons we do things

Yet I never felt like I needed them, wanted them, or could use them to my advantage

Always thinking that they were a hindrance to my life, never really expressing them

Like an animal trying to break free from its cage, they were trying to escape; reveal itself

Yet they were trapped inside, and I unknowingly had the key to set them free

And once I did, the results were exponential

A person without emotions is a person without purpose

A person without purpose can walk around idly in life, staring down at their feet trying to get to a destination that they will never find

Expressing what I feel, using what I feel, and understanding what I feel, is what I use to drive what I do and why I do it

I understand how to get what I want and now use them to better myself and those around me

They have allowed me to be healthier, fast food is now (normally) a thing in the past

Exercise is now a daily routine, always using my emotions to guide me

Goals are now what I use for my future, trying to picture what I will feel when I achieve them

Although sometimes it hurts, emotions can be our guide to get what we want, or to help someone get what they want

Emotions are no longer my enemy, they are my greatest assets

StefnSylvester

Beautiful poetry