To My Former Self/ To My Future Self

48883

To my former Self:

It is hard for me to look back and tell you to change what is now history, for if I did, I would not be me, here and now. Even though there are no words to make your life easier, I ask that you take the advice that I present to you now; No matter what they say, know that you are strong and it is okay to fight. No one ever told you to fight back. Believe me, I know it is hard. But it will be okay, darling. I promise. And if you are willing to accept and listen to my words now, I can guarantee that you will be happy one day. And maybe you will turn up with fewer scorch marks and bruises than I have.
There will come a moment, if it hasn’t already, when you will feel that you have reached an impasse. But sweetheart, it’s okay. It is here that you will make a choice. Please think this through before you break that ice. Try to think clearly, through the pain, dear, please. I know it is hard. Life is complicated, but I know without a doubt, it is worth living. Think about what you are doing. My words. What do you hear now? Turn off your mind and feel the moment. Feel that life is here. It is all around us. It is us. You deserve to live. You are meant for something better than this.

I will always be here for you.

To my future Self:

Please give me a sign that I make it through this.

Yours truly.