Misdeeds and repentance of David

LESSON TO LEARN

MISDEED OF DAVID
There was a man called Uriah, a minor figure, mentioned in the Books of Samuel, a soldier under the authority and army of David who was the king of Israel and Judah, Uriah is the husband of Bathsheba, a beauteous woman.
While Uriah was camping abroad under David supervision, David from his top roof of his castle' looked down on his city and saw and spied unto Bathsheba, the wife of Uriah, bathing in her courtyard. David was moved by lust at the sight of her, David called for her and slept with her, impregnating her. In an effort to hide his illegal act, David called Uriah home from war, calling him to come rest so hopefully he and Bathsheba would have relations together. So the upcoming child will belong to Uriah. But Uriah, being a disciplined soldier, refused to visit his wife.
His disobedience made David murdered him by ordering all of Uriah's comrades to abandon him in the midst of battle and he got killed by an opponent army, David took Bathsheba as his eighth wife.

DAVID REPENTANCE

David could have reacted in many ways. When his error was exposed..

He could have blame nature, him been a human being
He could have noted all his faithful days..
His great courage to be a warrior
He could have blamed Bathsheba for exposing hersf in the courtyard
He could have become angry with Nathan for exposing him out.
Alot more that he would have sounded arrogantly but instead he casted himself and ask for abundant mercy wholeheartedly without putting blames or excuses makes God forgives David

When we know the consequences of sin and admit it and have the desire to change. God will definitely forgive you.

Passionate

Great poem,God is a forgiving God, however we have to own our faults and sins as well as change our ways and do better for ourselves in the future.