Mirror

Dont tell me how to live my life if your name isnt jesus christ.

Especially if you arent living right.

What would the Kings and Queens of Egypt say if they saw how we lived our lives from day to day?

Was there weed and alcohol abuse or a heavy emphasis on shoes?

Would Hammaraubi call it bullying or would that be cause for beheading?

Would the dinosaurs walk around and knock down oil tanks because they pose a threat?

Killing the atmosphere causing a catastropic evironmental death?

The planet bleeds and is cross contaminated with the deep liquid satin that poured out of the veins of that young girl who kept being told she was fat.

When these two merged into the puddle of self disdain that dripped down the back of the that female who loved so hard that when she got stabbed in her back she didnt even noticed until she looked down and asked what is that.

The dark ruby glue stuck to the pavement and in the reflection there layed a man whose pride was murdered the day he lost his job and and for five years couldnt find one person to give him a break. Life gave him a pillow and a bench.

Still has that stain.

Rather than help. We laugh.

Rather than stitch, We stab.

We are society. Isnt that sad.

powerful.imani

OMG this poem makes me think about how this world can be. The beginning  just pulled me right in with your words .I love the creative ways you used to compare and ask questions. This poem is MIND BLOWING i love it and enjoyed to read your poetry .Check out my poetry when you get a chance . Keep up the good work.!!!