#MeToo

Tweet #1

I have something I need to get off my chest. Everyone sees me as a monster, I’ve been deemed worthless because of my lost beauty. And to that I say: Good. 1/?

Tweet #2

It was a party my freshman year. I had never been to a party this big. And he was there. Poesideon. The Golden Boy. Captain of our swim team, a God among men. 2/?

Tweet #3

I drank. A lot. And at one point I went to find the bathroom, I’m not proud that I drank. I wish I hadn’t. While I was looking for a bathroom, I saw him. He saw me.  3/?

Tween #4

I’ve always been afraid of men because they see me as desirable. As an item that is theirs for the taking, not as a human being. Poesideon was no exception.  4/?

Tweet #5

He pulled me into a room. I couldn’t fight back, I tried to fight back. I wish I had fought harder. I was so scared. I was so alone. I was paralyzed by the look in his eyes. Like the ocean on a stormy night. 5/?

Tweet #6

I tried to scream. I was crying, I couldn’t scream because of his lips on mine. I wanted to die. He violated me. He was too strong for me to fight off. I was barely able to breathe.  6/?

Tweet #7

When his girlfriend found out he had cheated on her, she realized what he’d done. We had been good friends, she and I. She knew that he had hurt me. But everyone expected her to punish me for being a “homewrecker” 7/?

Tweet #8

She made me a monster. She made me detestable to anyone and everyone. Men recoil from me in disgust. They do not hurt me, they do not attack me. With her back to the wall she did what she could to protect me. 8/?

Tweet #9

I never thought I would share this with anyone. I’ve always been afraid of men. But not anymore. My name is Medusa, I am a monster because I am a victim #MeToo. 9/9