Maximum Effort!

Like any other story 
There's a beginning, middle, and end 
Likewise you must take the good with the bad 
Once upon a time at the age of 5
I was a people pleaser, I was kinda bad considering the only person I ever managed to not please was myself 
While the other kids were happy with me cutting my hair in the shape of their approval, my mother was tryna convince me to love myself before anyone else does because you can't sell a car to someone if you think it looks like a low budget transformer. While they were happy that I tried washing the black off my skin, I tried to wash it back on with fried chicken and The Boondocks. While they were happy that I traded my God given crown for a mask, my father tried to make me see that crowns were only meant for men willing to stand up for what they truly believe in. It took 11 years to find out I had the saddest case of self hatred I had ever seen I didn't notice the black spots in young smile, the cries in my young laugh, or the hint of pain in my young eyes 
When I played more characters than Seth McFarlane that ranged from SPIDER-MAN! JOHN CENA! OLD MAN JENKINS! If the 5 year old me ever asked me why I have an ego that even upsets Kanye West, a love for myself that even makes him feel insecure it's to show him that rain starts tasting like sunshine after you endured the pain of not feeling good enough, endured the pain of unacceptance, endured the pain of self hatred. My last name isn't for decoration, it's to show who is the boss each time he walks into a room. Becoming a poet is the absolute best thing to ever happen to me because it gave me the hands to pick myself up after the war has taken everything my mind, my smile, my laugh, my youth, my faith, my hope. It's even given me the hands to carry
the 5 year old me that has lived inside of me through the years and carry on.