Lesson Time

Wed, 11/09/2016 - 20:57 -- rocwal

"Reality was crashing in too fast"

Was something I said in the past Back when I was still young and innocent Back before I even knew the value of one cent I thought I was struggling then, trying to keep my head above water But when I look back, I shake head with laughter Because the period  I thought was a disaster? Would be one of the best times of my life Since then I have grown, in more ways than one I got a job, then two, played the guitar someI realized that there was an entire world beyond the trials of school I realized that in the real world, nobody would care if you were cool Talking to customers, day after day, and getting disrespected occasionally, I would say "I AM A HUMAN BEING!"That was not something the old me would've said: she thought it was assumedThen the realization finally bloomedThat when your behind a counter people see you as a thingNot a person, just something that when they say sing You say "what key? " but that wasn't me The old me didn't have to deal with strangers everyday The new me meets someone new everyday, and that's okay Because I've learned to deal with people in the real world I've gained an objective view as just that girl Whose behind the countertalking to you.