land of the free , home

land of the free , home of the brave what they plaster in our minds before we go to the grave but who's truly free because as i look at my melanin filled skin it's obviously not me ancestors have been fighting this oppression for centuries yet the war of skin is all this country can see clearlywhen will we finally have equal rightswhen will we be able to rest peacefully at nightwe have brothers dying over skittles and cds and we're forced to observe behind our television screens ..so much violence against people of color as if we're not all one living in harmony with one another we're forced to see bloodsheds as families scream making equality seem like a far fetched dreamwe see the blood and gore at our back doors making it seem like being of a different color is a chorei don't know about you but im sick of the travesties another black man dead .. another casualty what are we supposed to do just sit here and wait ? while the slaughter us like our ancestors once again sealing our fate ? because if we protest we'll get shut down because our oppressors run the town you see now our main enemies are those who flash red white and blue ..the men we elect to protect me and you ..they get us to vote for them with kind words that are just pretendthen they turn around and slaughter our black men you see no longer are our enemies our slave owners and "masters"rather than our politicians , mayors , police , and even some pastors so i ask how do we beat this oppression..when the ones who should be helping us are the main causes of the aggression...