KNOCK KNOCK, WHO'S THERE?

United Arab Emirates

"Knock knock"
"Who's there? ", you asked.
I said, it's me. The one you talked to, when you wished for something the other day.
The one who taught you how to solve math problems.
The one who gave you the highest ladder for you to get the brightest star.

"Do I know you?", you asked.
Yes, you do know me. We were best friends telling each others ' secrets and crushes. We spent highschool together and took lunch on a same table. You told me I was the best person you've known but those words just flew with the strong and playful wind as your promises still remained invincible inside me. You said we will be forever but forever is just a word with 7 letters even forever cannot define its infinity. Oh please don't ask if you know me because you know me very well. You know very well how I look at you every single day but you never dare to glance at me. You know very well how I love your hair but you still ask me to fix it when you're dating that someone. You know very well how much I love you when you cry at night telling yourself nobody loves you.

I am no genie in a bottle. You don't need to wipe me when you need me because Im always behind you. I do not grant three wishes. I grant thousands of wishes. I can make you a model of victoria secret; I can bring you to Paris and take a selfie with you on the Eiffel tower; I can help you with your thesis and research; I can be your adviser, your teacher, your friend, your brother, your lover. I can do anything and be anything for you, you know that. I can shapeshift for you, you know that. But in the end of the day, I still return the original me, the broken me.

I am J. The pillow absorbing every tears you wasted for that someone. The blanket embracing you so much with comfort and making you feel protected. The bridge leading you toward your happiness. The sugar in your coffee. The greetings on your valedictory speech. The pages of your notebook where you write that someone's name thousand times in different fonts. The sunsets that make you smile. The blood that keeps your heart beating.

Knock knock, it's still me.
It's still me who opens my arms widely when you embrace that someone behind me. It's still me who takes you and your crush's picture together. It's still me who helps you burn the bad pages of your past. It's still me who stitches your torn heart from your long day of finding the right guy for you. It is still me, my blood and sweat that glu every broken pieces of you—to make you look invincible; to make you beautiful—for your another day again of searching for your true love.

True love does not exist to your crushes who just love you from the the way you dress and talk. True love does not exist to that someone who needs only your car and your iphone. True love cant be found to those couple on facebook with the hashtag relationship goals. True love cant be found to two people with the same transportation but different destination. True love can be found to how a fire dies just to be with a water. True love can be found to how a mother sweat and scream from giving birth. True love can be found to these pigs that turned themselves to roasted meat just to make you satisfy.

True love befriends pain. True love befriends sacrifice. True love hurts.
That is why I love you. And Im still at your door.

Knock knock,
It's me. But if in case you forget me, just look at these scars. They will tell you who I am.